Monday, May 25, 2009

Event of the Week: Brooklyn 1/2 Marathon


Hellllo ladies and gents (who may be reading) We hope you all had a fabulous memorial day weekend and weather where ever you may be. This week's event is my favorite borough half out of the 5 borough challenge NYRR puts on every year. I have run it the past 3 years in a row and believe it is one of the fastest, flatest half marathon courses i've run. Though a little birdie told me, they are changing the route this year to start in Prospect Park (with 2 loops) and end on the Coney Island Boardwalk (2 mile run on the boardwalk will not be included in the 13.1 miles this year :( I will not be running it this year (have another engagement next weekend) But if anyone here runs it, please let me know how it is. I'm very interested...
details (also click title event of week, for NYRR registration page, this race may sell out midweek, so register ASAP)

WHO:NYRR
WHAT: BROOKLYN HALF MARATHON (13.1 MI)
WHEN: SAT,MAY 30TH-8 AM START
LOCATION: CENTER DRIVE IN PROSPECT PARK
COST:22 DOLLARS (NYRR members) 35 DOLLARS (nonmembers)

No comments:

Post a Comment