Friday, April 24, 2009

Runner of the week - Allison McCormick


Allison McCormick

Location: Portland, Oregon

What is your most memorable running moment?
It's a toss up between my very first 5k 15 years ago and feeling so proud that I was actually doing it. It helped that it was along a parade route before a parade and there were hundreds of children with their hands out for "high fives".
The other is doing the Nike Women's marathon 3 years ago and coming across the finish line to pick up my Tiffany necklace from a fireman dressed in a tuxedo. That'll get me to any finish line(-;


What race are you training for?
I am thinking of running in the Nashville marathon next year. I hear it's a great one, but what's really getting me going right now is a friend of mine that has challenged me on Nikerunning.com. He just started running and thinks he can kick my but. We are seeing who can get to 200 miles first. I will(-;

What do you think is missing from running apparel?
Fashion, definitely. While I'm an athlete, I'm also a girly girl. I like to look cute, even when I'm sweating.

Fashion and running. Two of my favorite things. Combine them and I'll be in the best shape of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment